Most insurance companies require a written appraisal of each item you wish to insure over $1000. Keep in mind that not all appraisals are created equal. The more details included in the appraisal, the easier it is to replace the item with a similar piece if lost or stolen.
An appraisal makes it easier to replace your jewelry item if it is lost or stolen. Appraisals can also help with a claim on an insured piece if there are lost stones or damage to your jewelry.
It is recommended that your appraisals be updated every 3-5 years. When there are substantial increases in the prices of metals and stones it is wise to have your appraisal updated because your piece easily becomes underinsured in these instances and you will not be fully covered in case of a loss.
You will need to submit a claim with your insurance company. In most cases a replacement piece will be provided. Some insurance companies provide you with the replacement in other cases you will be able to search out your own replacement.
First, we are qualified to provide the initial appraisal service. Second, we are able to work with your insurance company to find a replacement due to loss. Lastly, we are able to provide repair services for a claim of damage or lost stones. Any required replacement quotes can be provided in a timely manner.
In an industry that provides little accreditation, the American Gem Society awards titles declaring members as skilled professionals upon completion of stringent gemological examinations and re-certifications. For you the consumer, this means AGS provides professional and trustworthy retail jewelers. A jeweler, who advertises their AGS membership as Registered Jeweler (RJ), Certified Gemologist (CG), Certified Gemologist Appraiser (CGA), or Certified Sales Associate (CSA), is separated from their competition as the true and trusted gemologically trained expert. These AGS titles, further described below, are renewed annually and members are required to uphold the gemological and ethical standards established by AGS.
- CERTIFIED SALES ASSOCIATE (CSA) – Earned by individuals, who are employed by a retail or supplier firm and who successfully complete all of the necessary requirements of the AGS Certified Sales Associate Course.
- REGISTERED JEWELER (RJ) – Earned by individuals who have gemological knowledge and who adhere to AGS’ rigid ethical code. This title is good for one year only and must be renewed annually based on continuing education and on sustained ethical business practices.
- CERTIFIED GEMOLOGIST (CG) – The more advanced title offered by the American Gem Society requires additional study in diamonds and colored gemstones as well as the mastery of sophisticated testing procedures. CG titleholders must pass an annual exam to maintain their title.
- CERTIFIED GEMOLOGIST APPRAISER (CGA) – This is the most highly regarded jewelry appraising title in the industry. Earning the CGA title requires more advanced training and experience in identifying and determining the value of gemstones and jewelry. CGA titleholders must also pass annual re-certification exams to maintain this prestigious title.
- Return Policy: Most merchandise is returnable within 30 days. Some restrictions may apply. Items accepted for return must be in good and unworn condition and should be accompanied by the original packaging and the receipt.
- Layaways are available for up to 90 days with a minimum of 20% down payment. Some restrictions may apply.
- Gift Certificates are always a welcome gift and can be purchased in any denomination.
Yes. We have a full time watch professional on staff who is capable of handling repairs on almost all types of watches.
Usually. If the store is not busy, we can install one battery while you wait. Multiple watches generally need to be left for a short time.